What is ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems?
ISO 50001 is the first global energy management standard published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). Regardless of the type of energy, this standard provides rules for the realization and continuous improvement of more efficient and more sustainable energy consumption. Thus, the ISO 50001 standard aims to develop systematic applications to ensure energy efficiency in institutions.
What are the benefits of ISO 50001?
- It supports businesses in reducing their energy costs and greenhouse gas emissions.
- It determines the system and processes for an effective energy management and ensures the establishment of a management systematic.
- It enables businesses to manage energy resources more efficiently.
- It reduces resource cost by using energy resources efficiently.
- It reduces the negative environmental impact caused by waste.
- It reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
- It ensures that legal regulations and public expectations regarding the efficient use of energy are met.