What is ISO 20121 Sustainable Events Management Systems?
ISO 20121 is an international guide on organizing cultural/social events for institutions in order to achieve sustainable events. Sustainable events have environment-friendly activities and concern the least possible waste and pollution approach. Thus, the aim of this standard is to establish a sustainable management system in cultural/social activities. Events begin to occupy a large place in modern life. Many events are carried out by different institutions every day, regardless of which industry they are from. With this standard, it is possible to reach a sustainable event management system that can be applied to all events regardless of the size. Sustainability is not only limited to reducing the harmful impact on the environment, in order to receive this standard, institutions must take into account financial, economic, social and environmental issues.
What are the benefits of ISO 20121?
- It helps to realize cultural and social activities with lower costs by providing efficiency in resource use.
- It reduces the damage to the environment by producing less waste in cultural and social activities.
- It increases the effectiveness of other system and measurement studies applied by the institution regarding environmental management.
- It increases the brand value of the institution in the market.
- It increases the reputation and credibility of the institution among its stakeholders.